Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Internship Week 7

We continued our top secret project in this week. We worked hard on it with a lot of fixing. Then we all turn our works in on Wednesday. It is a model for series that I do not allow to tell anyone about it. Then we continued on our game project.
We redo the Life Gauge, so it looks more interesting than the old one which is a very flat graphic. I made a new obstacle which is an angel. An angel flies from the bottom to the top without anything special. The player should avoid touching him or be damaged. I have also finished putting obstacles into the first stage. There are three kinds of obstacle in this stage; bird, angel, and rocket. I have to play it again and again to see if it is not too hard or too easy. I also give the game file to others to play, so they can give me feedbacks about it. Now, the first stage gameplay is finished. At first, I put too many exploding rockets in the early game, which makes it hard for the player to avoid damages. I ended up taking away all of the rockets in the early game and introduce them to the player in late game instead.
Because of the secret project, our game project may be unable to finish in time. However, it is a good opportunity for us to involve with a big project like that. This game project does not have a deadline and it is just our project to prepare ourselves for thesis which may be making a game. while the secret project is the studio project. Therefore, it is clear that the secret project is more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment